Mrs. Hillary Piggott
Phone: 443-2831 ext. 3552
Hello, my name is Mrs. Piggott. I am originally from Hollidaysburg, PA. I live in Mt. Pleasant with my husband Phil, daughter Callie, and son Carson. I have a Bachelors of Science Degree in Secondary Education from the University of Pittsburgh at Johnstown. I am currently pursuing my Masters Degree through Saint Francis University. My teaching certification is in Biology and General Science. I have been teaching at Somerset Area School District since 2010. I am looking forward to having another great year!
I hope that you find my website useful. I have included my contact information, my classroom expectations, as well as, assignments and activities that we will be doing throughout the year in my class. If you have any questions please contact me by e-mail or phone listed above.
Students have an opportunity for 10 bonus points this quarter. The assignment is being handed out 3/20/14 in class and will be due MONDAY MARCH 24th! No late bonus will be accepted, even if the student is not in school on the due date. They may have someone bring it in to school for them and put it in my mailbox, turn it in early, or email the assignment to email@example.com.
Here is a copy of the assignment that was given to students:
Extra Credit – 3rd nine weeks Due:_3/24/14__
1. Find an article about subjects that we have covered in class (ex. earthquakes, volcanoes, chemical reactions, density, etc.) Articles may come from newspapers, magazines, or news websites. Bring in the article or a photo copy of the article. = 1 bonus point (but only if accompanies a summary/reaction)
2. Write a one paragraph summary (at least 5 sentences) about each article describing the main ideas or points of the article. = 1 bonus point
3. Write a one paragraph reaction (at least 5 sentences) about the article describing your feelings on the topic. = 1 bonus point
4. You may turn in up to 3 articles (at 3 points apiece max.) = 9 bonus points
5. I will give an extra bonus point for summaries/reactions based on how well they are written bringing the total possible bonus points to 10 pts.