• Hello, , these are my general policies, but you may find that some classes require specific information. In other words, this is not an all-inclusive list!!!


    Student Behaviors:
    Be Prompt--Be ready to learn when class begins (Late arrivals result in 1/2 hour detention) Use the restroom, locker, fountain on your own time.
    Be Prepared--Have materials with you and know the due date.
    Be a Polite and Positive Participant--Speak in a normal tone of voice and listen attentively.
    Be Productive--Turn in work on time and always do your best.
    Be a Problem Solver--Correct problems quickly and peacefully before they escalate.
    Be Safe--Think about where you are and what is around you. Know your exit route.
    Be Cooperative--If you don't like what you're asked to do, be mature and work through it.
    Be a Worker--Challenge yourself to be productive; use your time wisely.
    Be Peaceful--Be kind to each other and exercise self-control.
     
    Show Respect
    • Value yourself. Be honest and ethical, and practice strong moral values.
    • Treat all members of the school community and all visitors with politeness and respect.  No bullying will be tolerated!!
    • Honor the ideas and opinions of others.
    • Offer to help, but don't allow others to copy your work.
    • Be responsible with property and belongings.
    • Be respectful of yourself, your environment, your classmates, and your teacher.
    Classroom Management
    • Students must understand the school's Acceptable Use Policy (see Student Planner).  Read and understand this policy since the ability to use computers will determine your success in the course.
    • Computers are NOT to be used for personal browsing, checking email, or playing games during instructional time. If you are not working on something for this class or another class, you should be logged off. Do NOT download any programs.
    • Food and beverages are not allowed in the classroom.
    • Cell phones and other personal devices are not permitted to be used during any instructional time. Videos or pictures are NEVER permitted to be taken within the classroom.  Violators will be sent to the office.
    Responsibility for Coursework
    • Bring notebook, textbook, folder, planner, and appropriate writing tools to class.
    • Know due dates, and submit all coursework on time.
    • Get assignments ahead of time if you know you're going to miss class.
    Attendance
    • Absence from class will hurt your grade because you will miss classroom projects and valuable class material.
    • If you have an unexcused absence, you are not permitted to turn in work assigned that day for points. Be sure to show me your stamped planner.
    Homework (Accounting)
    • Expect it; have a good attitude about it.
    • Homework is meant to practice new skills and incorporate old ones.
    • Assignments are due WHEN CLASS BEGINS, otherwise only 50% credit is earned.
    • It is YOUR responsibility to find out homework assignments missed following an absence.
    Tests and Quizzes
    • Tests at the end of each chapter
    • Announced quizzes periodically
    You need to make arrangements to make up both tests and quizzes upon returning from an absence. Missing one day does not excuse you from taking either a test or a quiz.
     
    Getting Help--Help is available for those of you who want it. You need to be willing to work hard and you can be successful. The following are a list of opportunities available to those students needing extra help.
    • Tutoring - I am available BEFORE school each day (make arrangements and have me sign your planner)
    • Peer Tutors - See the guidance office to arrange this
    Cheating
    Students are not permitted to copy another student's work.  This includes making multiple printouts of answers to turn in under multiple students' names.  BOTH students (the one who allowed the copying to take place, as well as the student who copied) will receive a zero on this assignment the first time it happens.  If it happens a second time, BOTH students fail the grading period.
     
    Extra Credit
    • There are a few opportunities for extra credit in class.
    • I will NOT give extra credit just to help you boost your points when you are not turning in regular assignments.
    Grades
    • Grades are based on points assigned for homework, labs, quizzes, and tests.
    • Grades are updated each Friday--check your progress.
    • Tests count as 55% of your grade; all other assignments make up the remaining 45% (Accounting I only).
    • Standard grading scale is used: 90%, 80%, 70%, 60%.
    • I keep track of your % grades and these are averaged to determine your semester and final grades. I do not average letter grades.
     



Last Modified on August 4, 2015