English 8 Course Syllabus
Somerset Area Junior High
Instructor: Mr. Joshua Spaid
(814) 443 - 2831; Room: 212
Course and Scope:
Grade 8 English is a writing intensive survey course that will provide guided practice in sentence, paragraph, and composition writing.
- Students are expected to come to class prepared to be active participants— participation in class is required of all students and may be factored into grading.
- Students are expected to treat one another with respect—this includes showing respect for the contributions of others to class.
- All students are expected to work hard and put forth their very best efforts—please be honest with both me and yourself.
- Remain in your seats at all times unless instructed otherwise
- Clean up after yourself
- Do your own work
- If you are absent from class for any reason; YOU are responsible for any missed assignments—this includes class notes. Some assignments, specifically those graded for participation, may not be able to be made up.
- Tests will be administered in addition to other assessments throughout the year in order to appraise student learning. Students may re-take tests at the teacher’s discretion; however, it will be the student’s responsibility to make arrangements to do so.
- I will only accept high quality work. All assignments should be completed in a timely manner— assignments received after the due date may not receive credit.
- Student grades will be made available online through PowerSchool
- All grading will be done on a points system